User Work Crossings:
Installation of power operated gate openers and smart CCTV cameras.
The Project was to install a solar powered gate opening systems for Network Rail for User Worked Crossings (UWC) to provide year round operation in remote locations without the requirement of a mains power connection.
The civil works included:
- Decommissioning of existing crossing
- Installation of all concrete bases including hardstand area
- Installing new duct routes between the Camera, Solar Panel, Wind Turbine and User access gate including control post, catch post, latch post and sign post.
- Associated Tarmac resurfacing works
- Installation of new fence lines.
Project Value £450K See Full Project Page
Poole to Wool Project
2013 Pool to Wool
In 2013 WS Civil Engineering worked alongside Signalling Solutions on the Poole to Wool Project as part of the Re signalling upgrade works.
Throughout the project WS undertook various works including but not limited to:
- Upgrading the ducting throughout the full length of Poole Station including the installation of x7 inspection chambers and all associated tarmac works.
- Cable recovery and installation works
- Minor demolition works
- Level Crossing upgrades
- Installation of Earth Mats
- Installation of concrete Bund walls for HV feeders
Project Value £370K See Full Project Page
Hitchin Test Lab Project
ETCS National Integration Facility Test Lab/ ERTMS WS Civil Engineering undertook the following:
- Drainage/utilities installation
- All foundation works inclusive of DDA Ramps, Steps, walkways etc
- Construction of the car park and highway, including tarmac, Kerbing, Line marking, and drainage
- Fencing and handrails
The project value £900k See Full Project Page
East Nott’s Modular – April 2014 to October 2014
During 2014 WS Civil Engineering worked alongside Signalling Solutions on the East Nott’s Modular to complete various civil engineering requirements.
WS provided Construction Management throughout the duration of the project and undertook various disciplines including but not limited to the following:
- Concrete trough route upgrade
- Installation of elevated GRC troughs and associated works
- Installation of Fibre joint bays
- Vegetation clearance.
Project Value £205K See Full Project Page
Nottingham Re-Signalling Project – 2012 to 2014
WS Civil Engineering worked alongside Works Infrastructure and Signalling Solutions in 2012 through to 2014, to undertake various aspects of civils work for the Nottingham Station Re-signalling Project.
The entire project involved laying 10km of new track and renewal of 39 points, together with the installation of 143 new signals. Two level crossings were eliminated and two more were converted to CCTV operation.
Project Value £2.1M See Full Project Page